Library Shelves

Whatcha reading lately? :books:

It is bad but I kinda mostly stopped reading books like ten years ago. Worst guy. I dunno! I don't think to do it.

BUT, in an attempt to correct that I recently read all of Lord of the Rings, having only read fellowship before when I was like 12, and man that's a good bunch of books that makes you sad at the end

1 Like

I read A Fire Upon The Deep last month and then like 2 days after I finished it Vernor Vinge died, so I'm not sure if I should read any more novels for fear of killing the author.

started Designing Virtual Worlds by Richard Bartle (he hosts the first edition PDF for free) last year while spiraling about the death of real online game communities and worlds. i'm like 2/3rds through it iirc, it's just sitting on my ipad for when i'm not really feeling like playing something. sure does make me wish people still made online games

I am very bad at reading just like joe, but I've been reading the Animal Crossing manga when I can!
It's cute and funny lol

I am working my way through Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn saga, currently on Book 4 of the second series. Been reading a lot of Terry Pratchett the last couple years as well.

I'm reading Children of Ruin! Great science fiction.

It's the sequel to the more-famous Children of Time, which I highly recommend. Unless you're an arachnophobe, in which case stay far away.

I sat down with a quick read a few weeks ago called A Psalm for the Wild-Built, extremely good book about tea, monks, and robots. Def recommend! A good "spend an evening by a window" kinda read. It's the first in a series, so I'm excited to read more from the author!

I'm reading The Secret History at the moment, by Donna Tartt, only on audiobook (which she narrates herself!). I've heard it's great, so far it is interesting. I dunno if I'll be able to keep the habit of listening to it going but I'm gonna fuckin try

the only book i have at the moment (due to The Move) is Asimov's "Lucky Starr and the Pirates of the Asteroids"

i'm only a little bit in but WOW is it interesting. a battle with push-guns!