Days Adrift | Unreal Engine 5.4 Environmental Cinematic | Exploration of Substrate, Lumen & Nanite

“Days Adrift” is my latest exploration of Substrate, Lumen & Nanite in Unreal Engine.

You can view more images of the project over here: ArtStation - Days Adrift | Unreal Engine 5.4 Environmental Cinematic | Exploration of Substrate, Lumen & Nanite

Heavily based on UNIT IMAGE’s “Beyond The Aquila Rift” Love Death and Robots episode, Days Adrift explores a High Poly Houdini → Substance Painter → Nanite pipeline, as well as being the first project I’ve tackled using the new Substrate material system from start to finish, allowing for much better metallic blending as well as much improved translucencies.

Every shot here is running with Hardware Lumen, with the exception of the first and last shots (exterior space shots) which were path traced.

Engine Version used was UE5-Main (Mostly 5.4/5.5)

Fluid sim is using JangaFX’s LiquiGen Alpha.

All Texturing was done in Adobe Substance Painter.

This project is also a nice showcase of my recently released Cinematic Lens Flares for Unreal Engine.

The various Holographic UI elements were created for me by Luke Harris & Sound was sourced from FreeSound.

4 Likes

Fucking sick

1 Like

now put it on the switch

1 Like

r.screenpercentage 1, problem solved

2 Likes